Land and Sea Workout
Almost all of our training takes place on land, but have you ever considered some of the drawbacks? These can include impact stress on joints and stress fractures (just to name a couple). So how can you mitigate these drawbacks while still getting a great workout? Water-based training.
Water-based training has the same benefits of land-based training, but without high stress on your joints and musculature. It can also assist in injury rehab and is a great addition to sports performance training.
Don’t worry about weights, dumbbells and kettlebells. The water itself provides enough resistance; anywhere from 4 to 42 times greater than air depending exercise selection and speed of movement. I present to you a program based on water and land that will provide the EPIQ™ results you want.
1. Plank with Hip Extension – 12 reps
2. Dumbbell Cobra on Stability Ball – 12 reps
3. High Plank, Alternating Shoulder Touch – 20 reps
4. Lateral Lunge, Balance, Dumbbell PNF – 16 reps (8 left; 8 right)
5. Tuck Jumps – 12 reps
Power Triset 1 – 3 sets
1. Ball Slams – 10 reps, 20 lbs.
2. Reverse Overhead Twists with Battling Rope – 20 reps
3. Russian Kettlebell Swings – 10 reps, 70 lbs.
*Rest 90 sec
Power Triset 2 – 3 sets
1. Dumbbell Thrusters with Rotation, Two-Arm Overhead Press – 12 reps, 25-lbs. dumbbells
2. Power Slams with Battling Rope – 20 reps
3. ViPR Ice Skaters – 20 reps
*Rest 90 sec
Run 1 mile (every 200m perform 7 burpees)
5 sets: 45 sec work/15 sec rest
Swim a lap (any style), then come out of pool and do 20 squats.
Swim another lap, then perform 20 push-ups.
Swim another lap, then perform 20 sit-ups.
Adjust loads according to your ability; if too heavy, lighten the load. If too light, increase load. Core must be engaged during every exercise to further help with controlling one’s movement.
Pre-workout: EPIQ STRYKE is the best to consume 30 to 60 minutes before your workout to give your body the energy, mental focus and great pump to power you through.
Post-workout: EPIQ ISOLATE and EPIQ GAINER (1/2 portion) are the ideal choices to help repair muscles, so they can come back stronger on your behalf.