Protein-Rich Carrot Cake Recipe
Makes 12 servings, macros per serving: 300 calories, 12f/34c/14p (if walnuts are included)
|2 cups whole wheat flour (or regular)||1/2 tsp. salt||2 tsp. vanilla extract||1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)|
|2 scoops EPIQ™ ISOLATE, Rich Vanilla||2 cups carrot, peeled and grated||2 whole eggs|
|3 tsp. baking powder||1 cup unrefined coconut sugar (or regular)||3 egg whites|
|2 tsp. cinnamon||1 tbsp. coconut oil||3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|1 (8-oz.) container of whipped cream cheese (plain)|
|2 scoops EPIQ™ ISOLATE, Rich Vanilla|
|2 tbsp. water|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cake pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine the flour, EPIQ ISOLATE, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in one bowl and set aside.
- Peel your carrots and grate 2 cups worth and set that aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract, then add the eggs and egg whites one by one until fully incorporated. Mix in the grated carrot.
- Then, slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Add the almond milk after about half of the dry ingredients are mixed in. At this point, mix in the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and smooth out the top, then place it in the oven for 40 minutes in the center of the top rack. To test if the cake is done, insert a toothpick through the middle of the cake; if it comes out clean – it’s done! If the center is not fully cooked, place it back in the oven for 5 mins.
- While the cake is baking, you can whip up the frosting. Empty the container of whipped cream cheese into a bowl and mix in the 2 scoops of EPIQ ISOLATE a little at a time, adding the water to make it frosting consistency. Once those ingredients are fully combined, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge until the cake is done.
- When it’s done, let it cool on the counter for about 1 hour, then top with frosting. Enjoy!